AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC) is an independent research association which was founded in 1988. Currently over 60 employees from 8 different nations are working at
AEE INTEC. Furthermore, the institute regularly awards dissertations, master theses and internships.
The activities of AEE INTEC include:
- fundamental as well as applied research
- national and international R&D projects
- cooperation with universities, technical colleges, other research facilities and industry
The three major departments of AEE INTEC are “Thermal Energy Technologies and Hybrid Systems”, “Buildings and Renovation” as well as “Industrial Processes and Energy Systems”.
The Master Thesis is embedded in an ongoing re-search project of AEE INTEC dealing with quality
assessment of large solar thermal plants.
The project focuses on the development of methods for thermal power and energy proofs and
in-situ collector tests for large collector arrays.
Outline of the Master Thesis
- Analysis of operational data of large solar thermal collector fields: What insights can you gain?
- Develop algorithms to calculate benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Implement these algorithms in MATLAB and develop graphical representations, based on a provided MATLAB data analysis tool
- Validate the algorithms by means of real operational data
- Technical studies and / or experiences in soft-ware development
- Experience with solar thermal installations is an advantage
- Proficient MATLAB user
- Engaged, independent and solution-focused working skills
- Salaried position with a master-thesis embedded in a current research-project
- Supervision by experienced researchers, highly qualified technical support
- Starting now, lasting for 6 months
Contact: Philip Ohnewein, phone +43 (0)3112 5886-255, email@example.com